Rise is seeking a full-time Development Director to start in January 2024, approximately. This is a hybrid position based in the Bronx, with three days of in-person work.
As the Development Director at Rise, you will play a crucial role in supporting the organization’s fundraising efforts and ensuring its continued growth and success. Reporting directly to the Rise Executive Director and collaborating closely with the program staff and Board, you will be responsible for executing the organization’s fundraising strategy, managing grants and reports, and engaging donors.
Fundraising Strategy and Case for Support:
- Collaborate with the Rise Director, Program Staff, and Board to refine the organization’s case for support and fundraising strategy.
- Develop and implement plans to achieve fundraising goals, aligning them with the organization’s mission and priorities.
- Lead the grant management process, from identifying prospective funding opportunities to drafting letters of inquiry (LOIs) and proposals.
- Prepare comprehensive grant reports, showcasing the outcomes and impact of funded projects.
- Develop project budgets and financial reports as required by funders.
- Assemble proposal attachments and collateral documentation to support grant applications.
Foundation and Corporate Prospect Research:
- Conduct thorough research to identify potential foundation and corporate donors, understanding their funding priorities and requirements.
- Use the research to inform and guide the organization’s approach to fundraising from these sources.
- Work closely with the Rise Director and Board to strategize and execute donor outreach and engagement activities.
- Cultivate strong relationships with existing and prospective donors, communicating the impact of their contributions effectively.
- Draft fundraising appeals and acknowledgement letters
- Manage and update online donation forms.
Donor Database Management:
- Oversee and manage the donor database, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records of donor interactions, contributions, and preferences.
- Use the database to segment and target donor communications for personalized engagement.
- Collaborate with the Communications Team to develop fundraising newsletters, donation forms, event and donation platforms, and the annual fundraiser website.
- Assist with designs for the annual fundraiser website including but not limited to save the dates/invitations, sponsorship levels, email banners, etc.
- Support planning and managing logistics for various fundraising events, including private fundraiser/friendraiser events and public events.
- Coordinate with relevant teams to ensure the success of these events and their alignment with the donor engagement strategy.
- Strong Supervision and management of programs development and progressions
- Significant experience in fundraising, donor development, grant writing, and event planning within the nonprofit sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Strong ability to collaborate with team members from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas effectively to diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using donor management software and tools to track donor interactions and fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills, fostering a collaborative and positive work environment.
Compensation: Salary is competitive for a small nonprofit, and based on experience and qualifications salary rate $65,000-$75,000. Rise is a partner project of the Fund for the City of New York, which offers excellent benefits.
To Apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. subject: Development Director role. Candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis. We are unable to respond to all applications. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within three weeks. We expect this position to begin within the first two weeks of January 2024.