Events and Training
Artwork by Eileen Jimenez. Learn more.
This page provides information about upcoming Rise events and training opportunities.
Monthly Membership Meeting (Zoom Event)
- Date/Time: September 22, 2021, 5:00-6:00 pm
- Description: Join the conversation as we discuss our organizing plans and share information and updates from our Rise community. Please note that the conversation will be recorded. Monthly membership meetings are for parents impacted by ACS.
- Location: Sign up to receive an email with a Zoom link to join the online meeting.
Participatory Action Research Report Release (Zoom Event)
- Date / Time: September 29, 2021, 10:00 am
- Description: Over the past year, a team of five parents at Rise facilitated community conversations and conducted surveys with parents and community members across New York City who have been impacted by the family policing system. During this webinar, we will highlight findings from our research report, outline recommendations for reorganizing city structures and funding to support families and communities, and share calls to action to support parent-led movements.
- Location: RSVP to receive the Zoom link.
Seeding Possibilities, Sowing Futures: Rise Annual Fundraiser (Zoom Event)
- Date/Time: October 27, 2021, 6:00-7:00 pm (5:30 pre-show)
- Description: Stay tuned for program details!
- Location: Learn more and RSVP to receive the Zoom link.
Community Support Circle (Zoom Event)
- Date/Time: Every Thursday, 6:00-7:00 pm
- Description: Join the weekly Rise Community Support Group for NYC parents impacted by ACS.
- Location: Email Teresaemail@example.com to receive the Zoom link to join the online meeting.
Rise Training Opportunities