What is the Rise & Shine Parent Leadership Program?
Through Rise & Shine, parents impacted by ACS become powerful leaders to make change. Rise & Shine is led by parents who have been impacted by ACS. Learn more about Rise.
Through Rise & Shine, you can:
- Build a strong foundation to become an advocate and a leader in your community.
- Develop writing and public speaking skills;
- Connect with Rise staff, Parent Advocates and Community Leaders for up to 10 hours of additional interactive learning;
- Reflect on experiences and build a peer-to-peer support network and;
- Engage with expert speakers on child welfare history and law, parent advocacy, domestic violence, trauma, toxic stress and self-care. See our 2020 Rise & Shine speakers.
- Program runs 18 weeks and meets for 3 hours/3 times a week.
- Certificate and stipend are provided upon completion.
- Rise will lend a laptop if needed and provide support with Internet and Zoom access as needed. Parents must have Zoom and Internet access to participate.
- Although online, Rise & Shine Leadership Program only accepts NYC Parents.
Complete the online Rise & Shine application!
Questions? Contact Teresa Bachiller at email@example.com
Learn more about Rise & Shine and spread the word!
- Download the Rise & Shine 2021 flyer. Please share the flyer with parents!
- Contact Rise to schedule a presentation about Rise & Shine for your organization.
- Read our 2020 and 2019 program reports.
- Apply to Rise & Shine!